We recently released the newest version of the Trinsic SDK—version 1.9.0. This version comes with some new features and enhancements, including the ability to add file attachments in credentials, a new endpoint for wallet deletion, the ability to upgrade DIDs to did:sov and did:indy, and more.
Below, we list out the product updates in version 1.9.0, including new features, SDK-wide changes, deprecations, and more.
- We added
URIas a field type for credential templates.
- Trinsic’s new SendRequest endpoint allows you to send a notification to a wallet holder when a credential has been sent.
- We added
did:sovto our list of supported DID methods, enabling customers to register DIDs on Indy ledgers, including Sovrin, SovrinBuilder, SovrinStaging, Danube, IdUnion, IdUnionTest, Indicio, IndicioTest, and IndicioDemo.
- All methods that lookup a wallet now allow this via its ID, public DID, or email.
- We added the option to specify which attributes to reveal via
revealAttributes: ["attributeName"]rather than making a complete JSON-LD compliant reveal document when creating proofs.
- We added a nonce to derive a proof with. If it is not provided, we will generate one. You can use a nonce to verify a proof has not been re-used when creating proofs.
- We added a File Management Service which allows issuers to add photos and PDFs (file attachments) in credentials. This is an “experimental feature”, and customers must be on a paid plan in order to make use of this service.
- Trinsic’s Wallet Service has a new Delete Wallet endpoint (
Wallet.DeleteWallet), allowing providers to delete a wallet and all its credentials permanently. Any wallet may delete itself by passing its own ID to this call, but only provider wallets may delete wallets other than themselves.
- Created an Access Management Service that provides methods to manage access to ecosystem resources such as assigning roles and permissions to wallet accounts.
- Under the Team tab, the Trinsic Dashboard now includes the ability to not only add and remove colleagues in your ecosystem, but also specify their role.
- We are adding extra annotations to the
TemplateFieldallowing order customization, sections and grouping as well as file metadata. More documentation coming soon.
Provider.GetPublicEcosystemInfo. You can now configure your ecosystem through our Dashboard.
- Deprecated Invitation code account registration and Invitation flow (never implemented)
- Removed List and Revoke Device methods (never implemented)
- Deprecated GenerateToken, GetEventToken, and Authorization request (never implemented)
Trinsic Legacy Platform Changes
The Sovrin Foundation announced changes in its policies, which affect some of the options that were available in our v1 Studio and API. On February 1st, 2023 Sovrin reset the BuilderNet which means existing applications on that network will be broken, and you can no longer access Sovrin BuilderNet via Trinsic Studio to create new DIDs, schemas, and connections.
Additionally, changes in the economic policies have made the Sovrin StagingNet economically prohibitive to continue to support, thus we have removed the option for it in our v1 Studio. Going forward, the networks supported in our v1 Studio are now Indicio Test Network and Sovrin Network. Indicio Test Network is the exclusive testing network and Sovrin Main Network is the exclusive production network.